Our Service Areas
Algiers is a neighborhood of New Orleans, the only part of the Orleans Parish district located on the west bank of the Mississippi River. It is known as the 15th Ward and it was home to numerous jazz musicians. Algiers is considered significant in the history of New Orleans.
Belle Chasse hosts the famous "Orange Fest," "Crawfish Fest," and "Gamers Fest." It also hosts the Plaquemines Parish Seafood Festival.
Originally inhabited by the Tchoupitoulas Indians, the area along the Mississippi River was the first European settlement in the New Orleans Metropolitan Area. René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle landed there in 1682. In 1855, Minor Kenner founded Kenner on land comprised of three plantation properties acquired by the Kenner family. At the time, the northernmost part of the city was swampland.
Metairie is the French term for a small tenant farm. In the 1760s, many of the original French farmers were tenants; after the Civil War, the majority of the community's inhabitants were sharecroppers until the first urban centers appeared in the 1910s.
Harahan is located along a bend in the Mississippi River, between River Ridge and Elmwood to the north and east. Its main road, Jefferson Highway, crosses to Jefferson Parish from Claiborne Avenue and becomes Reverend Richard Wilson Drive near the Kenner City boundaries.
Madisonville was founded by Jean Baptiste Baham as Coquille or Cokie in 1800 before the United States acquired the area, at the site of the Native American village of "Chiconte". The town was renamed Madisonville in honour of American president James Madison in 1811.
Mandeville is the name of two villages in Normandy, France. It means "big farm" in medieval Norman French.
Bywater is a neighborhood of the city of New Orleans, located in the Ninth Ward, but along the natural river bank, sparing it from significant flooding. Part or all of the Bywater Historic District is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Chalmette is the parish seat of St. Bernard Parish, located in southeast Louisiana, United States. It is part of the New Orleans–Metairie–Kenner Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is located east of downtown New Orleans and south of Arabi, towards Lake Borgne.
City Park is a public park and neighborhood in New Orleans, Louisiana. City Park is unusual in that it is largely self-supporting through fees and donations.
In 1800, Jacques Drieux established a settlement in the area during the British West Florida period. In 1813, John Wharton Collins founded a town with the name of Wharton.
The French Quarter, also known as the Vieux Carré and Barrio Francés, is the oldest neighborhood in the city of New Orleans. After New Orleans was founded in 1718 by Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville, the city developed around the Vieux Carré, a central square.
The Garden District was developed between 1832 and 1900 and is considered to be one of the best preserved collections of historic mansions in the Southern United States. The historical roots of the Garden District can be traced back to 19th-century New Orleans prosperity.
Gretna was started in 1836 as Mechanikham, and in 1889 Zatarain's was established here. Gretna was incorporated in 1913, absorbing the ward of McDonogh within Jefferson Parish boundaries.
The city is named for Peter Hammond , the surname anglicized from Peter av Hammerdal (Peter of Hammerdal) — a Swedish immigrant who first settled the area around 1818. Peter, a sailor, had been briefly imprisoned by the British at Dartmoor Prison during the Napoleonic Wars. He escaped during a prison riot, made his way back to sea, and later on arrived in New Orleans. Hammond used his savings to buy then-inexpensive land northwest of Lake Pontchartrain. There, he started a plantation to cultivate trees, which he made into masts, charcoal, and other products for the maritime industry in New Orleans.
Present-day LaPlace was settled by Germans in the early 18th century during Louisiana's French colonial period as part of a larger settlement on the Mississippi riverbank called Karlstein. Karlstein was one of four settlements collectively known as the "German Coast."
The Faubourg Marigny was the old Third Municipality of New Orleans in the 19th century. It is sometimes called the Marigny Triangle and is part of 7th Ward of New Orleans. The remaining area is in the 8th and 9th wards of New Orleans.
Mid-City is a neighborhood of New Orleans. It is a sub-district of the Mid-City District Area. It has been designated as a historic district on the National Register of Historic Places.
To eliminate confusion and create some sense of community identity, the area between Kenner, Harahan, Metairie, and the Mississippi River was officially renamed "River Ridge" in 1974.
Slidell was founded on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain in 1882 and 1883 during construction of the New Orleans and Northeastern Railroad. The town was named in honor of American politician and Confederate ambassador to France John Slidell, father-in-law of real estate developer Baron Frederic Emile d'Erlanger, and officially chartered by the Louisiana State Legislature in 1888.
A subdivision within the Mid-City District Area, its boundaries as defined by the City Planning Commission are Esplanade Avenue to the east, North Rampart Street to the south, St. Louis Street to the west, and North Broad Street to the north.It is one of the oldest neighborhoods in New Orleans, and early on, was the main neighborhood for free people of color. Although historically a racially mixed neighborhood, it is still an important center of New Orleans' African-American and Créole cultures, especially the modern brass band tradition.
Uptown is a section of New Orleans, Louisiana, United States, on the east bank of the Mississippi River, encompassing a number of neighborhoods between the French Quarter and the Jefferson Parish line. It remains an area of mixed residential and small commercial properties, with a wealth of 19th-century architecture. It includes part or all of Uptown New Orleans Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.